Contact Form
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
561 Central Avenue Dover, NH 03820
Free consultation: (603) 742-5222

Filing a Workers Comp Claim in Dover & Manchester, New Hampshire

When you suffer an on-the-job injury that causes you to miss more than three consecutive days of work, you are eligible to file for workers compensation. Taking the right steps for filing a claim and consulting with a Manchester workers comp claim attorney at Wyskiel, Boc, Tillinghast & Bolduc, P.C can help you avoid making mistakes and delaying compensation.

Steps to take when filing for a workers compensation claim

  • Inform you employer about your on-the-job injury. Report the injury to your employer immediately after missing three consecutive days of work.
  • Seek immediate medical attention. You often can choose your own health care provider for medical attention. However, employers with managed care programs require employees to choose a doctor from the insurance carrier’s provider list.
  • Form 8aWCA, Notice of Accidental Injury or Occupational Disease. Employers should ask employees to fill out the form 8aWCA and, once filled out, employers have five days to file the form. In the event that your employer fails to give you the form or file it, you should file the form yourself (downloadable at the link provided). A benefit of working with a Manchester workers comp claim lawyer from the outset is ensuring all proper forms get filed.
  • New Hampshire Workers Compensation Medical Form. Treating physicans must fill out the NH Workers Compensation Medical Form within 10 days after each of your medical visits. Medical visits, examinations and physician evaluations document the extent of your injury. It is important to keep all your doctor's appointments and continue receiving treatments.
  • Return to work form 75WCA-1. Your doctor should provide you with a 75WCA-1 form, which states your ability to return to work and any limitations on work that you can perform. Make a copy for yourself and your attorney.
  • Claim denial. When a claim is denied, make sure you consult a Manchester workers compensation claim lawyer. Your attorney can file the formal request for a hearing at the Department of Labor to dispute the denial. From the date of denial, you have 18 months to request a hearing.

By working with a lawyer, you ensure proper paperwork, timely filing and have an advocate to deal immediately with denial or delays in receiving compensation.

Contact a workers compensation claim lawyer in New Hampshire today

Wyskiel, Boc, Tillinghast & Bolduc, P.A. offers a free consultation to answer your questions and explain how we can help. Please call us at 800.363.7186 or contact us online.