Our Family Law Lawyers can assist you in New Hampshire and Maine
When life’s uncertainties result in family crisis’ like divorce, adoption, guardianship, or domestic violence, then our experienced team of family law lawyers are prepared to represent our client’s interests with passion and compassion. Legal matters involving one’s family can be some of the most challenging and emotional issues of a lifetime. Wil and Bill understand and appreciate that each client’s crisis is unique – requiring an individually crafted strategy, practiced and refined over the course of countless hearings and trials. Our lower-income and pro bono clients are treated with the same respect and attention to detail as our high asset clients. The family law lawyers at Wyskiel, Boc, Tillinghast & Bolduc have represented clients with net worth’s as much as $100 million. We understand the complexities of divorce and family law issues in general, mindful of the short and long-term effects these issues have on you both personally and financially as well as your children and extended family. With the assistance of our estate planning and business lawyers, our team of family law lawyers are uniquely qualified to ensure you receive the best possible result for your family’s crisis, such as:
- Contested Divorce: When your spouse’s expectations differ from your own in terms of the reason(s) for the failed marriage or the terms of settlement and litigation is inevitable, then Will Boc and Bill Phipps are committed to ensuring your representation.
- Uncontested Divorce: Not all divorces result in litigation. When divorcing parties are in total or even substantial agreement on the terms of their divorce, then an uncontested divorce can streamline the process.
- Prenuptial Agreements: A prenuptial agreement is a contract entered into by parties in anticipation of their marriage as a plan to identify and protect each individual’s assets in the event of divorce, separation or even death. Not all prenuptial agreements are created equally and in fact, some may be unenforceable. We advise clients in the creation of as well as the dissolution of their prenuptial agreements.
- Alimony/Spousal Support: Our lawyers will help you navigate the complexities and options available to those in need of spousal support or a modification of their support as well as those from whom alimony is sought.
- Child Custody & Parenting Time: For most families, child related issues are the most emotional and difficult to resolve. Will Boc and Bill Phipps will explain the “law” and apply the law to your unique facts and circumstances to protect your rights and your children’s future.
- Child Support: Your child(ren)’s welfare is our priority and our lawyers will work tirelessly to see that your children have the financial resources needed to ensure the comfort and welfare they deserve.
- Property Division: Our lawyers can help you understand what an “equitable” allocation of property means as we work to ensure your rights are protected and you are awarded that which is rightfully yours.
- Mediation/Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR): Years before the “collaborative divorce” model came to being, our experienced family law lawyers routinely incorporated the same principles and designs of divorce through mediation or ADR by utilizing the services of neutral, third parties to provide an objective and experienced-based opinion as to what is fair and equitable in your particular case. Ask us about court-sponsored Neutral Case Evaluation.
- Domestic Violence: If you are a victim of domestic violence or have been accused of domestic violence, then we can help you obtain or challenge an Order of Protection to either protect you and your family’s safety or restore balance and fairness to you and your family during this period of crisis.
- Modifications of Prior Orders: Life is uncertain and circumstances can and will change. Court’s orders can and may change as well to reflect the needs of both parties and their children. Contact our lawyers to discuss modifications to child support, alimony/spousal support and custodial modifications.
- Relocation With Children: As circumstances change, so to may a parent’s place of residence. If you or your child’s other parent want to relocate with the child(ren), then you should be advised as to what your rights are to either facilitate or contest such a move. Our experienced lawyers can help you understand and resolve such a challenge.
- Grandparent’s Rights: If you are a grandparent and due to a change in your family dynamic, you are no longer afforded opportunities to spend time with your grandchildren, then you may wish to exercise your rights to ensure continued contacts and quality time with your grandkids. We can offer assistance in such situations.
Divorce & Family Law Issues
- What is a fair property division?
- Is shared or equal parenting time realistic?
- Help with mediation and conflict resolution
- Child support
- Co-parenting arrangements
- Restraining orders and domestic violence
- Division of retirement Accounts – pensions, 401 k, IRAs